The Lakewood Dental Department offers a wide variety of dental services.
We emphasize preventive dental care and regular dental visits. Professional care, combined with good at-home dental care will give you the best chance of keeping your teeth healthy and attractive for a lifetime.
Services provided include but are not limited to:
- Exams and cleanings
- Restorative care, such as fillings, crowns, and bridges
- Root canals
- Periodontal treatments
Our office hours are Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
We accept most insurance plans but are a fee-for-service clinic and do not offer discounts on dental treatments.
Forms of payment include cash and most major credit cards.
For more information or to schedule an appointment, call 816-404-6885
Elks Mobile Dental Program
This program, the major philanthropic project of the Missouri Elks, provides for the dental needs of children and adults with developmental disabilities throughout the state of Missouri. Utilizing two, 33-foot dental vans, the program brings accessible free dental services to the areas of the state that need it most.
Truman Medical Center Lakewood provides administrative expertise to operate and coordinate the program.
For more information about the Elks Mobile program, call 816-404-6904
- New Patient Eligibility
- Extraction Consent Form
- Health History Form
- Elks Mobile Dental Schedule
- Instructions for the First Visit
- Consent for Protective Stabilization
Patient Eligibility for the Elks Mobile Program
- Children and adults who have developmental disabilities or intellectual disabilities (DD/ID) as identified by the Department of Mental Health, Division of Developmental Disabilities.
- Individuals in extreme financial distress who have found it impossible to receive dental care anywhere else. These individuals must be referred by the local Elk's Lodge. A letter of referral must come from the Lodge. (Limited number of appointments available).
- Individuals, 1-2 above, must be screened for their eligibility and their ability to receive treatment in a mobile clinic with the aid of local anesthesia when indicated.
- The Missouri Elks urge all eligible individuals currently under the care of a private dentist to continue treatment with him/her.